Abraham/Duffield - Art of the Background
- Abraham/Duffield - Art of the Background
- Sat, June 22 2019, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Art of the Background
Saturday June 22, 2019 9am – 12 noon
Workshop Instructors: Kelly Abraham & Florine Duffield
The Background has the incredibly important role of providing context and contrast for the main subject.
Whether it's a still life or a portrait of a person or pet, having a relatively simple or uncluttered background allows the focus to fall entirely on the subject.
- What is a background supposed to do for a painting?
- When do you paint the background?
****Through experiment on painted cardboard, students will practice doing backgrounds for assorted types of paintings.
- Landscapes / seascapes / cityscapes
- Abstract, etc.
****Then using a fresh canvas or art paper of their own students will finish a painting trying out a particular background.
Supplies: Any media. Bring brushes, watercolor; pastel; acrylic; oil, whatever you want; canvas / art papers
- Max places:
- Booked Places:
- Available places:
- Your Registration:
- It's too late to register for this Event.