BRUCE CODY – Tuesdays – 2 pm-5 pm – Tuesdays July 20, 27, August 3 and 10. Four weeks $48
Oil Painting Materials and Techniques for Beginners and Experienced
Students of Oil, Acrylic, and or Watercolor. Instruction will focus on students working directly from still life arrangements and specific projects related to art history, examples, selecting photo sources, and outdoor painting. Each session will include presentations on Materials, Color Theory, Painting Styles and types, and or a Critique of work in progress.
To develop knowledge and self-confidence in applying and using various grounds, including panels and canvas, brush selection, painting medium types, and color selection, developing paintings from the first drawing to Block-in and Completion. The paint application, Value range, and Color Harmony, Glazing, and Layering. Also, to develop critical analysis and self-direction within the art of producing artwork, framing, and public displaying one’s art.
Student Materials required:
- 2 9×12″ canvas panels with cardboard backing
- 2 9 x12″ stretched canvases
- 4 12 x16″ or larger stretched canvases
- Bristle Brushes Long Handles: Flats or Brights #4, 8, 10 or 12
- Filberts #2, 4, 6
- Quick Drying Titanium White Oil or Alkyd White, Large Tube
- Bottle of Winsor-Newton Liquid Medium
- Bottle of Gamsol Odorless Thinner, Jar for Cleaning brushes, Paper towels, or cotton rags. Carrying box or Cloth Bag
- Tubes of Oil Paint: Hansa or Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Bright Red,
- Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Thalo Blue, Viridian Green, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Ivory Black. Optional: Sap Green, Paynes Gray